Thursday, February 16, 2017

Ceramic induction 2 : Tape and clay

With the wireframe done and the foam applied for structural support , I began to tape everything up to make it more durable as well as building a surface for the clay to stick on- creating a mummy like creature in the process. After that came the most challenging part of the build : the modelling . Now, I did an entire blog on how 2D-oriented designs like those of anime don't really translate well onto  3D and it certainly shows at this stage. However , I did my best to deal with it and I have to say that what I did with the character's face is pretty decent , looking good in both 3D and similar to my 2D designs. The hardest thing to get was the eyes , as it is a very small indentation, with a curve surface for the eyeball itself , so I had to really get in there with the smaller tools. The clay itself is pretty tricky to use as it id very soft and picks up a lot of small accidental movement that creates blemishes in the model. I find that having something thats a bit harder would be more suiting for my liking . For what I have done in this session though , I'm very happy , the character is looking great and just need some final touch up in the face to be perfect !.




No comments:

Post a Comment