Thursday, May 10, 2018

LAUAN502 : Art style development

This year has been a great year for my aesthetic development as I begin to shift to more professional practices that increase the efficiency of my art, one of them being the method of grey scaling. After years of using the straight forward method of line, base colour and shading, I found that grey scaling not only gives better results in values level, but increase the speed of the colouring process itself, (usually takes only 2-3 hours after the greyscaling for large scale painting). It also push me more to draw with shape and silhouettes which is the method I've seen used by most concept artist, especially for environmental drawing. Something that I would like to get into them is saving for a beefy laptop to run 3D softwares, so that I can map out my environments first and paint over it, as well as continuing on my greyscaling development.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment