Thursday, October 5, 2017

LAUAN502 Study Task 1: Who am I ?

Things I've learned so far :

- Comprising different elements in an animation
- Basic 3D animation
- Interesting character movement
- Storyboarding and shot set-up
- project management

Things I want to know more :

- 2D action scenes and fight scenes
- 3D and 2D intergration (2D overlayers)
- Greyscale painting and thumbnailing
- 3D characters sculpting
- Lighting and VFX

Things I'm strong at :

- Illustration/ painting
- Composition
- Setting moods in picture
- Character design
- perspective in scenes



Things I want to improve :

- 2D animation
- Grey scale painting
- Character turnarounds (2D)
- Anatomy
- Colour palette and lighting

Practitioners that interest me :

- Shinkai Makoto (film director)
- Hayao Miyazaki (film director)
- Testuya Nomura (Game designer-Final Fantasy )
-Akihiko Yoshida (Character artist )
-Studio Ufotable ( animation studio)



Websites/Online resource :
- Artstation
- Cuberbrush
- Skwigly
- Youtube ( multiple channels )
- The living lines library

No comments:

Post a Comment