Thursday, October 19, 2017

LAUAN502 : Rooster Teeth and RTX London


The weekend on the 14th and 15th of October saw me travelling down to London for RTX, a convention held by RoosterTeeth whom I am working with on a animated series- In short, it was the most surreal weekend I've ever experience. Being a fan of the company for ages, it was already great honour that I got offered a fully-paid position on their new show and a large one at that ( concept design for all the characters) , it was even more exciting to get exclusive access to the convention and panel. When there, I got to meet Mr Gray Haddock , head of animation of RT who I've been speaking with closely for work, and also another concept artist , Gavin Manners working from Brighton. It was really interesting to hear his story going from interior designs to character design just recently and also his process of making a character ( which utilise alot of 3D elements ). More than that , I get to see for myself the 1st trailer for the show and see the impact it made on the audience, which was a major boost in inspiration to keep going. It goes to show, beside getting paid and all that , what sets artists out from other profession is seeing how much their work gets to influence the life of ordinary people and in turn , how their passion fuel the creative drive of his/her work. Oh and the cosplay was all very nice 

The series I'm working on 


Thats me ! (Asian dude) 



No comments:

Post a Comment