Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Practice : Running animation test

This character is from the show RWBY ( an American-made anime) . 



The focal point of this was, like mentioned above, practice for my animating skills, to be more specific , to help identify my own process of producing an animation. I approached this very much like I do a painting, animating first the skeleton underneath using basic shapes, and then build upon that. This way , I've found it to be very easy to work with, as the skeleton really helps set the motion while not having to deal with the details. However , I'd like to move toward the more conventional method of building the base with all the features of the character, as the way Im doing now seems inefficient , because essentially , I have to animate the same scene twice.

An interesting feature in this is animating the cape. At first I thought cape movement would be very much sporadic. However , Martin helped me out this , describing it as a wave movement , where there are imaginary "balls" that move under the cape, creating bumps that move toward the end. He also helped me out a lot by giving tips on doing the key frames, breaking it down to S and C curves.



The detailed animation is very good in my view, the next step is to colour it !

As for the software , I found using Clip studio paint as I am doing here seems way easier than Photoshop !








No comments:

Post a Comment